Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dissapointing

Seems like my old home in the U.S. is become more like my new home.  Unfortunately, its not because Uganda is becoming less homophobic, but rather because North Carolina is becoming more.  My finger is very clearly not on the pulse of my old state; when I heard about the amendment, I was sure it would be obliterated to pieces when it came time to vote.  It is pretty embarrassing and unfortunate that so many bright people in NC that I've met over the years have just been given a not so subtle message that says "you aren't welcome here."  It isn't the belief of everyone, as I hope we all realize; still, it can't be easy.

Today I'm glad I'm living in a place where, at the very least, we are all making an effort to move in the right directions.  Step it up, NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment